Thursday, October 11, 2007

He's Here!!


Finally after what seems forever we finally have another baby in the house. Oct 2nd I was scheduled to be induced. I was hoping that he could just break my water and labor would start, like it did with Spencer. But we weren't so lucky. Labor kind of started but not really and I wasn't really progressing. so about 12:30 he started pitocin and the contractions were intense. I had lots of help, Brian was AMAZING at keeping me calm. Mom rubbed my feet and Toni was great to rub my legs. I felt the need to push and was told "not yet" something about ripping the cervix or something. so I needed a few more strong contractions before they let me push. I pushed for 9 min and he was born! so yes labor was intense but very quick. I can remember my mouth and hands feeling tingly so I needed oxygen... that was a horrible feeling. as the Dr was stitching me up I guess I needed a shot in the leg to help with the bleeding and so they called in a nurse that wasn't there for any of the labor. The Dr warned of a poke and she said, don't worry she won't feel a thing, as she stuck me in the leg. My Dr looked at her and said, "actually she doesn't have an epidural and yeah she felt that!" the look on this nurses face was priceless. I had the greatest nurse... her name was Julie and she was amazing. very patient and understanding of my natural childbirth and post pain level.

The shock of the day was not that we had a boy, more that he weighed 9lbs 5oz. We knew he would be big, but not that big!! he was only 20 1/2 inches. He doesn't look like a newborn, he looks more like month old. He's here.... James Fredrick Tullis!

1 comment:

Tanya McKibben said...

Oh my gosh Leah! You are my hero! I am glad that everything went well, and that he is now out. What a big baby! He is darling.